Monday 18 July 2016

Don't Be An Asshole

           


            Another Friday of no students coming to my yoga class at PARC. If this happens next week I am turning in my fob. I am for the most part hoping that will be the outcome. There is writing I could get done on Fridays rather than wasting my time sweeping the floor for no one.
            On my way home from PARC, I was passing between a parked truck and traffic, and didn’t feel confident to pedal through the narrow passageway, so I scooted myself along with my right foot. A twenty-something cyclist riding a trick bike behind me called out, “You don’t know how to ride!” Once we were both through, I turned and told him not to be rude. He told me to get out of the way. I said, “Don’t be an asshole! You’ll find it will help you get along with people better!” “Okay” he responded indifferently.
            That evening I rode through very hot air out to the end of Donlands and then crossed the bridge over the Don Valley to where it turns into Millwood Road. I wanted to explore the next street that went west and that was Redway Road. It turned out to be the very long driveway of a Loblaws in the middle of nowhere with “all lanes open”.
            I rode north to Southvale and headed west. I didn’t explore any side streets along the way, but was rather marking my next route, since it wouldn’t make sense to get there via the Danforth. Southvale turned into Moore before it crossed Bayview. I followed Moore to the end and went down to St Clair. It’s nice on a hot day to shoot down the hill from St Clair along Yonge Street and to feel the breeze in my face.
            At Bloor and Bay, the woman with the titanic voice and the artificial flowers in her hair was scatting to beat the band, only without a band. She’s a very good singer.
            Just after walking my bike across Bay Street to head south, I saw a very hot middle-aged woman walking in a tight knee-length dress of see-through white lace. I actually considered taking a ride around the block to get another look, but I decided it was too late and she might already have gone in somewhere with the couple that accompanied her.
            I’ve recently downloaded the complete studio discography of David Bowie. I listened to his first album, “1966” and it’s interesting because it has a very 60s sound while at the same time being distinctly Bowie, with songs like “I Dig Everything”.

No comments:

Post a Comment