Sunday 3 July 2016

Pursued by an Assassin

           


            I was being pursued by an assassin in a bit of a cat and mouse game. It had something to do with my association with Hillary Clinton’s campaign. The guy that was after me was tall and dark, with a moustache and wearing a long coat. He had made several attempts on my life already but I had escaped so far unscathed. He was tracking me with a big computer that looked like it was out of the 1950s. It was standing in the middle of a hotel lobby and as far as even the proprietress of the hotel knew, it was part of the décor. I was talking to someone in a courtyard when I saw the red dot of a laser sight over my chest. I ran and looked up into a mezzanine area and the sniper. I thought that I could get the drop on him so I ran through the lobby. On my way I deliberately knocked over the big computer. I had been expecting a big crashing noise but it hit the floor like a piece of cardboard. The owner of the hotel saw me knock it over. I told her, “He’s trying to kill me!” but she didn’t believe me. I ran out up and around to where the sniper was and he was waiting for me with a smile. I woke up at 5:20.
            June 3rd was the fifth Friday in a row of no one coming to my yoga class. The people in the drop-in downstairs call me “the yoga guy”, but these are people who never come.
            I rode out to Pape and Danforth and then north to Floyd and east to Donlands. Then I went north to Cosburn and west to Gowan. I went south on Gowan, which turns west, and followed it back to Pape.
            When I was going south on Yonge, a skateboarder kept jumping ahead at the lights and almost slammed into a pedestrian that was crossing. Later he was on the sidewalk and startled someone else. Is he waiting to actually knock someone over before he stops ploughing through pedestrian traffic?
            I’ve finally run out of money. There was a good stretch of time when I could afford to stop at the supermarket for provisions like milk, but I do have some condensed stuff that I saved from food bank trips. The Ontario tax benefit for June comes through in a week, so I’ll get by.

No comments:

Post a Comment