Thursday 11 January 2024

January 11, 1994: The Elmocambo gig was canceled but we did our set at Mudds cabaret and had a blast


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I worked at Northern Secondary School and finished early. I bought some groceries on the way home and made dinner for when the boys came for our final rehearsal before that night’s gig at the El Mocambo. Mike Martin arrived first and then later Tom Smarda. We did one set and then Tom left but Mike stayed and we met Tom later at the Elmo. Mary Milne came with Diana Scala and then Angeline arrived. We waited until 21:30 and then Mary had to go to Mudds Cabaret to host our Orgasmic Alphabet Orgy writers open stage, but just as she was leaving we found out that the band competition was canceled. So we all went to Mudds and had a blast. Tom, Mike and I performed most of the songs we would have done at the Elmo and it was a great night. Mary drove Mike and I back to my place and she came in. They were eating the food that I’d prepared when I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment