Thursday 4 January 2024

January 4, 1994: Angeline and I had an argument because she said she was for the death penalty


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday I worked in the morning at the Ontario College of Art. I made some calls from the models’ lounge and also got in touch with Angeline who said she’d be coming to Mary Milne’s place for dinner. I ran into Spirit and we went for coffee. I went home to rest for a while and then went to Mary’s house where Angeline was already there. Mary made beans, I had a few beers and we watched TV. Angeline and I had an argument about the death penalty because she said she was for it while I was against it. It ended with me saying that women were the main audience at public hangings and the mood was changed. When we got to Mudds Cabaret for my Orgasmic Alphabet Orgy writers open stage, Angeline came in behind me. I walked to the back room but when I turned around she was gone. I went back out onto Queen Street to look for her but couldn’t find her. I read from her book of poems during the open stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment