Saturday 6 January 2024

January 6, 1994: I called Angeline and made a date but I was still kind of mad at her


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I worked at Northern Secondary School and then I went downtown to the Ontario College of Art so I could make phone calls from the models’ lounge. I called Nancy about bringing my daughter down but she said she was going to stay home. I went to Tom Smarda’s place where we rehearsed for our El Mocambo gig. We made a tape and listened to it sped up while he copied it. Then I took the streetcar through the storm back to the Beaches. I called Angeline from the phone booth on the corner and we talked about meeting at Tom’s place on Friday. I was kind of mad at her. I wrote this while watching Homicide, starring Robin Williams. I had no rent money.

No comments:

Post a Comment