Sunday 21 April 2024

Cheryl Holdridge


            On Saturday morning I memorized the first verse of “J'ai pleuré le Yang-Tsé” (My Tears Flood the Yangtze) by Serge Gainsbourg. 
            I played my Kramer electric guitar during song practice for the second of two sessions. 
            I weighed 86.5 kilos before breakfast, which is the lightest I’ve been in the morning since last Saturday. 
            Around midday I went to Vina Pharmacy to ask them to fax my doctor to ask him to renew my Betaderm prescription. 
           Then I went to No Frills where I bought three bags of red grapes, two bags of green grapes, bananas, pork ribs, a pack of pork chops, two artisan naan, dental floss, three bags of skim milk, chili sauce, a container of skyr, and a bag of Miss Vickie’s ketchup chips. 
            I weighed 87 kilos before lunch. I had saltines with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade. I’m getting tired of limeade so I think I’ll find something else to drink. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back. 
            I weighed 86.3 kilos at 17:15. 
            I tried to post my blog but Blogger was down. 
            I compared the video of my August 16 song practice performance of “Joanna Dances Lightly” to that of September 7. I think August 16 is more expressive and brighter. I compared September 11 to August 16 and found September 11 to look better and I also played it at a better with a slower tempo. I compared September 13 to September 11 and September 11 has much better light, plus it’s already synchronized in Movie Maker. Now I have the French and English acoustic versions of that song that I will upload to YouTube. Next I have to review the electric versions. 
            I compared my August 13 and 17 electric performances of “Joanna”. August 17 looks better and I play better but there is way too much traffic noise and so for now August 13 wins. 
            Blogger was back up again after half an hour. 
            I made pizza on naan with Basilica sauce and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching season 1, episodes 9 and 10 of Bewitched
            In the first story a junior high school student named Liza who is writing a paper on advertizing calls Darrin to ask for an interview. When she comes over she turns out to be very well developed and gorgeous. On Saturday morning Darrin takes Liza on a tour of the advertizing firm where he works. After they leave in Darrin’s car Liza’s musclebound and very jealous young boyfriend Monster knocks on Samantha’s door. He says he has a date with Liza every Saturday but she broke this one to go shopping with her mother. He says she has a father complex and is obsessed with older men and that is why he is going to break Darrin in half. Samantha spends the day feeding Monster so as to subdue his anger. Meanwhile Liza is in Darrin’s office and coming on very strong. Darrin has to fight her off and take charge. By the time they get back to Darrin’s place Monster is no longer obsessed with Liza now that he has spent the day with Samantha and understands the appeal of an older woman. Suddenly Liza in interested in Monster and she tells him that Darrin came on to her. He goes to punch Darrin but Samantha puts up a very hard invisible barrier and Monster hurts his hand. Now Liza is mad at Darrin and slaps his face. Darrin wonders why Samantha protected him from Monster but let Liza slap him. She answers that it was the least she could do. 
            In the second story Samantha learns that her father Maurice is coming to see her. He has learned that she is married and thinks her husband is a warlock. He is dead set against mixed marriages and has a violent temper. When Darrin calls Samantha from a phone booth she locks him inside to keep him from coming home. When Maurice arrives Samantha lets him believe that Darrin is a warlock. But then he finds a picture of Darrin in a military uniform and finds medicine with Darrin’s name on it. Two things a warlock would never do is join the military or need medicine. Samantha admits that Darrin is mortal and Maurice says he will annul the marriage forever. Before Darrin enters the house Endora turns him into the evening paper to protect him. Maurice takes the paper and tosses it into the fire. Samantha rescues it and turns Darrin back. Darrin stands up to Samantha’s father and Maurice is impressed. He tells Samantha she picked a good one and that he almost feels sorry but he makes Darrin disappear. Endora threatens to move in with Maurice if he doesn’t bring Darrin back. It takes him all his concentration but he finally manages to rematerialize Darrin. They have dinner and Maurice conjures up a bottle of Chanson du Mer 59. Darrin one ups him because he already has a bottle of Chanson du Mer 53. Maurice is impressed and wonders if Darrin isn’t a warlock after all. 
            In the first story Liza was played by Cheryl Holdridge, who made her professional dancing debut in 1953 at the age of nine with the New York City Ballet in The Nutcracker. She became a Mouseketeer in the Mickey Mouse Club show’s second season and was good friends with Annette Funicello. She was cast as Betty in the unsold 1962 pilot of the sitcom Life with Archie based on the comic books.













No comments:

Post a Comment