Thursday 25 April 2024

Clarence Lung


            On Wednesday morn ing I finished memorizing “J'ai pleuré le Yang-Tsé” (My Tears Flood the Yangtze) by Serge Gainsbourg. I looked for the chords but no one has posted them so I worked them out for the intro and a bit of the first line. 
            I played my Martin acoustic guitar during song practice for the last of four sessions. 
            I weighed 96.7 kilos before breakfast. 
            I downloaded my tax slips from my pension payments and did my taxes with H&R Block. It only took about an hour because I let them fill in all my info from last year. 
            I weighed 87.2 kilos before lunch. I had saltines with five-year-old cheddar and a glass of limeade. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride. I stopped at the Brockton Cyclery to inquire about trailers for bikes, but all they had was one of those covered trailers for carting children around. They didn’t know where I could get a simple trailer, so I’ll have to keep looking. I already asked at Metro a few weeks ago but they said they are too small to carry trailers. I rode downtown and back. 
            I weighed 87 kilos at 17:30. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:20. 
            In the Movie Maker project for my acoustic version of “Joanna” I brightened the video and added an ease-in effect. I uploaded it to You Tube. Tomorrow I’ll work on the video for the acoustic version on my translation, “Joanna Dancing Lightly”. 


            In the Movie Maker project for my song “Angeline” I aged the section of the concert video in which I sing, “I’d been looking hard and long”. The next part of the video shows me with my mouth open and singing, “Ahhhh” but I don’t do that in the studio audio so I have to cut it out and replace it with another Greta Garbo clip to match the line, “My machinery had a surge of power”. I settled on a clip of the temple dance scene from Mata Hari
            I scanned some more slides from the fourth to last box. I have about a quarter of that batch done. A couple more are overexposed except for the urban shots of buildings. There’s also another shot of my niece Kelly posing with my brother Allison after her wedding in the summer of 1991. 
            I made pizza on naan with Basilica sauce and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a beer while watching season 1, episodes 17 and 18 of Bewitched
            In the first story Darrin sprains his ankle and is bedridden. He is constantly calling Samantha to ask for things and so she never gets anything done. Finally she suggests that she could enchant the house so it does Darrin’s bidding and that way she could do her housework without interruptions. He starts to like having magic at his command and then tells Samantha that he’s been selfish and wrong to stop her from using her magic. This leads to him deciding to quit his job so they can travel the globe and enjoy the good things. Samantha agrees to all of this but is unhappy. She gets the idea to cure Darrin of this taste for the easy life by going over the top with it. She tells him she wants an enormous mansion. He buys her some roses and a watch and she begins to cry, saying she will go wherever he wants but she wants him to know that these gifts are the most important things in the world to her. Darrin asks her to take him back in time to before he got control of the house. She does and this time when he calls out for a pencil she doesn’t float it to him but carries it upstairs. 
            In the second story Darrin has designed a campaign for the Countess Margaret Cosmetics company and the president loves it. But the chairman of the board is Margaret Marshall, who also likes it but wants to discuss a few changes with Darrin. She insists on him flying to Chicago that night to meet her. Tonight happens also to be Darrin and Samantha’s seven month anniversary and so he has to break it to her. They exchange gifts and Darrin gives her a piece of jewellery in the shape of a cat. She suggests she come with him disguised as a cat but he says no. At the Chicago airport Darrin is picked up by Margaret’s chauffeur Kujo, who drives her to the harbour where the captain of her yacht meets him. He is holding a Siamese cat that he says he just found. He says he might as well give it a good home aboard the yacht. Darrin thinks the cat is Samantha. Margaret lives on her yacht, which she has christened The True Love. When Darrin and Margaret are alone she shows she is more interested in pleasure than business. Darrin’s boss has told him not to tell Margaret that he is married. He spends a lot of time trying to put physical space between them, plus he thinks Samantha is watching. Eventually Margaret figures out that Darrin is married but wants to use his campaign anyway. Darrin takes the cat home, still thinking that it is Samantha. But Samantha is there waiting for him. He gives Samantha the cat. Apparently it really was Elizabeth Montgomery’s pet Siamese, which she called “Zip Zip”. 
            Kujo was played by Clarence Lung, whose first film role was an uncredited part in The Good Earth. He played Takahari in the 13 chapter film serial Secret Agent X-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment