On Wednesday after midnight I put some fresh carpet tape at the foot of my mattress because that area loses its stickiness sooner maybe due to fabric fibres coming off onto the tape. I lint-rolled the curtain between my bedroom and the living room, the bed, and my pillow. There were quite a few bedbugs on the curtains as usual. I shook out my sheet and my comforter on the deck and went to bed around 1:48. I got up to pee at 3:03 and slept until 5:00.
I definitely have my first cold in three years now. I’m sniffling, sneezing, and coughing. The furnace still hasn’t been turned on. It’s probably just a matter of switching the breaker and I’d do that myself if I had access to the basement.
I think I found the missing page of the piece I wrote 25 years ago about the night my open stage got kicked out of the Gladstone Hotel and moved to the Drake and the bizarre night of anger at me that unfolded during the readings. On Thursday I’ll begin transcribing it into digital format and then begin making it more poetic.
I looked for more chords for “Elle voulait toucher du pognon” (She Wanted a Little Money) by Boris Vian but there are no more than the set I found. I worked them out for the instrumental intro and tomorrow I’ll find out if the chords I transcribed for the verses fit.
I memorized the second verse of “L’île enchanteresses” (The Enchanted Isle) by Serge Gainsbourg and revised my translation of the first verse.
I weighed 90.8 kilos before breakfast.
I played my Martin during song practice for the last of two sessions and it went out of tune all the time.
I weighed 91.95 kilos before lunch. I had peanut butter and five-year-old cheddar on saltines with a glass of lemonade.
I weighed 91.45 kilos at 18:30.
I was still two days behind in my journal and worked on catching up.
I made pizza on a slice of multigrain sandwich bread with marinara, tomato pesto, Montreal smoked meat, and five-year-old cheddar. I had it with a glass of Creemore lager while watching the second season finale of Wednesday on Discord with my daughter Astrid.
Pugsley has been taken by Isaac Night. Wednesday’s spirit guide, the late Principal Weems suggests that the three Ravens in the Addams family must pool their psychic abilities to locate Pugsley. Morticia asks her mother to join them. Wednesday and Grandmama reluctantly join hands with Morticia. Wednesday has a vision of her young parents Morticia and Gomez burying the dead body of Isaac under the skull tree. She confronts her mother, who tells her that Gomez used to have electrical powers like Uncle Fester and Pugsley. Isaac convinced him to be hooked up to Isaac’s power extracting machine to give some of his spark to Francoise to cure her of being a Hyde monster and dying because of that affliction. But once strapped in the machine Gomez was drained all of his power and it would have also killed him if Morticia not sabotaged the machine. The machine exploded and Isaac died. So as not to be charged with murder they buried Isaac’s body.
Wednesday now realizes that Isaac plans to try again this time with Pugsley.
Isaac forces Eugene to deliver Wednesday a snow globe with a model of the skull tree inside and a message on the bottom of “midnight”.
Wednesday sets up Thing with a crossbow to shoot Isaac but he catches to bolt with his right hand. Tyler captures Thing in a clear box. Isaac removes his glove to reveal that he has no right hand. Wednesday realizes that “Thing” is an anagram for “Night”. It is revealed that on the night Isaac died, Morticia caused the explosion by cutting off Isaac’s right hand with an axe. Isaac removes Thing from the box and on contact regains his telekinetic abilities, which he uses to stitch Thing back onto his arm to once again become his right hand.
Isaac levitates Wednesday into a grave at the foot of the Skull Tree, manipulates roots to bind her and then buries her. Isaac, Francoise, and Tyler leave for Iago Tower, while Agnes, who has been watching the whole thing becomes visible. She goes to tell Enid, who has locked herself in a Lupin cell so she does not permanently transform into an Alpha werewolf. Enid comes to Wednesday’s grave with Agnes but the two don’t have the strength to dig Wednesday out before she suffocates. Enid has no choice but to transform into an Alpha and digs Wednesday out. After a few tense moments Wednesday finally opens her eyes and says she enjoyed being buried alive. Enid runs away and Wednesday tells Agnes to track her. Gomez and Morticia arrive. They head for Iago Tower but Morticia sends Gomez to get the police.
Isaac and his family return to Iago Tower and Isaac uses his power to restore the lab. Pugley is strapped to the machine and sinister headpiece is placed over him. At Francoise’ request Isaac straps Tyler down against his will instead of her. She explains to her son that it’s too late for her but he can still be cured even though he doesn’t want to be. The machine is started to extract Pugsley’s power. Wednesday arrives with an axe and cuts Tyler free, then she frees Pugsley. Tyler transforms into a Hyde and attacks Isaac. Francoise also changes and the two monsters fight. Wednesday tries to sever Thing from Isaac’s arm with the axe but the machine explodes. Francoise is knocked from the tower but hangs onto a ledge. As Tyler tries to save her she deliberately lets go and falls to be impaled on the statue of a werewolf.
Isaac recovers and begins choking Wednesday but Thing begins to resist and then attack Isaac. He reaches for Isaac’s clockwork heart and pulls it out of his chest, killing him. Then Thing breaks free of Isaac’s arm to become independent again.
Later Agnes tells Wednesday that she’s tracked Enid north to near the Canadian border.
Tyler visits his parents’ graves and is approached by Professor Capri, who reveals that her father was a Hyde. She says she is forming a support group for Hydes. Male Hydes without masters die but she thinks that creating a pack relationship for Hydes will circumvent the need for a master.
The Addamses are leaving Nevermore for home but Wednesday says she’s not going with them. Morticia gives Wednesday her Aunt Ophelia’s journal. Fester arrives on a motorbike with a side car, which Wednesday and Thing enter. She tells Fester they are going after Enid.
We see Enid in her Alpha werewolf form trembling alone in the woods.
Grandmama returns home to find her daughter Ophelia there, writing on the wall with her own blood, “Wednesday must die”.
Tyler is played by Hunter Doohan, who became interested in acting in high school. After graduating he moved to LA to study acting and audition. He made his film debut in Hot Pursuit in 2012. He made his TV debut in The Other Client List in 2015. He co-starred in the TV series Your Honour. He starred in the film The Wilderness. He co-starred in Evil Dead Burn.





No comments:
Post a Comment