Monday 14 November 2016

Inukshuk Barbie




            I was on a college campus, but it didn’t seem like U of T. It was more like one of those cheap, sterile, suburban universities with modern plaza-type architecture like York. I hooked up with these guys in a long-term plan that seemed to have something to do with getting rid of my fleas, but also had a larger element behind it. They wanted me though to deliver a suspicious package for them. I told them that I would be drawing the line there in our association. I added that they would lose respect for me if I served them as a mule.
On Thursday October 27th, from about 6:30 on, I worked on my Aesthetics” essay.  I had to work that afternoon, so to make sure I didn’t doze while posing, I took a ninety-minute siesta at around noon. I really dreaded riding downtown in the rain, but I wrapped my laptop in a garbage bag, put on clothing that I didn’t intend to wear the next day, and headed for OCADU. I got wet, but not soaked, so it wasn’t as uncomfortable as I’d expected. I did the second part of a two-week pose in the Design department for Kieran Brent. I worked on my essay during breaks. Kieran chastised, in general, the students in his class that didn’t take advantage of the privilege of having a model, and who sat with their attention divided between their cell-phones or laptops and their drawings.
            It was damp and cold on the way home, but not raining much.
            I went back to work on my paper as soon as I got home, but after an hour or so I started to fade. I decided to take another siesta from 20:00 till 21:00, but I ended up sleeping for an extra half an hour. When I got up though I felt fully recharged and was able to plough through the final stretch. I worked on the writing for about another hour and then I did the citations. We had to use Turnitin.com to submit our essays. It was confusing at first because I hadn’t known that I was supposed to create a Turnitin profile. Then the site asked for a course code and password, and so I had to look back on Blackboard to see where that was listed. Finally I handed the essay in at 23:48, eleven minutes before the deadline.
            I took some of my TA’s advice, but I don’t know if I was able to make my paper “pedantic” enough for her. I did enjoy some of the original examples of artworks that I came up with to illustrate my points though, like an inukshuk made of Barbie dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment