Friday 23 June 2017

Attractive Middle Aged Woman



            There’s an attractive middle-aged woman who I see from my window every weekday morning as she walks east on the south side of Queen. Sometimes she looks up as I’m singing and playing my guitar. I try to sing louder as she passes by.
            Thursday was a cloudy day and it rained for a while in the morning. Even though the sky didn’t clear in the afternoon it wasn’t scheduled to rain, so I took my bike ride. I passed everybody as I pedalled east on Bloor and Danforth but nobody passed me. I finished exploring all the streets north of Danforth to O’Connor and east to Woodbine. O’Connor is a pretty fast street, at least in the late afternoon and not as bike friendly as the Danforth. Next I guess I’ll cross Taylor Creek and roll my bike on all the streets to the left of O’Connor until Don Mills Road and up to Eglinton.
            I didn’t stop at the first Starbucks to pee this time because punching in the key code to get in the washroom door is too much of a hassle. I stopped at the next Starbucks a few blocks west of there where they don’t lock the washroom doors. It feels more like home to just open a door and walk in.
            That night I rubbed a pork loin sirloin half with a mixture of gargarine, sage, rosemary, paprika and thyme and roasted it on a rack in the oven. It turned out deliciously and now for less than $8 I have meat to last me a week.
            I watched the second episode of Maverick, which was apparently written to be the first episode. It was nothing special but it did reveal that Maverick drifts because he’s looking for a man and that he’s afraid of finding him because it would mean he’d have to settle down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment