Wednesday 7 June 2017

Kim Hamilton



            Early Sunday afternoon I rode out one more time to see if I could find a bike post ring with more than one abandoned lock to photograph. I rode down Cowan and noticed that the food bank truck is still parked in the driveway behind the old location. I don’t know if they are still using the address for storage or whatever or if they are just using the parking space for their van.
            Among the bike posts in front of the McDonalds at King and Dufferin the one I was looking for was empty of bikes and so I took a few photos.
            On the way back I went up Jameson and then east on Queen. I stopped at the liquor store to get a can of Creemore to have later on with my dinner.
            I took some pictures of myself on the deck and spent most of the day trying to create an image that fused part of my ear in one of them with an image of the bike post ring with the two abandoned locks.
            I grilled all the Italian sausages that I’d bought on Saturday and had two of them with two eggs and toast. I watched an episode from the middle of the sixth season of Leave it to Beaver in which they finally had a Black person. The actress played the maid of a rich man for whose daughter’s wedding reception Wally and Eddie had been hired to park cars. Once all the cars had been parked the man took the boys to the kitchen where he had the maid fix them something to eat. She got a fair number of lines for a cameo role, she was shown to be amused by Eddie’s bullshit and the camera lingered on her for an interestingly long amount of time when the boys walked out of the room at the end of the scene. Her name was Kim Hamilton and it turns out that in the 70s she hooked up with Werner Klemperer, the guy that played Colonel Clink on Hogans Heroes. They dated for 21 years before finally getting married in 1997, three years before he died. She died in 2013. Although she never became a star she had a respectable career on film and television. She also appeared as an alien on Star Trek the Next generation, though she had so much latex covering her face she was beyond recognition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment