Thursday 8 June 2017

Electric People



            On Tuesday I noticed that they’d put up signs on the streetcar power cables: “Warning: Power Off”. This is evidence that people are visiting from the negative universe where electric people have to avoid touching things that are not highly charged for danger of not being electrocuted.
            I had just run out of coffee that morning but I knew that Freshco had a deal that week on a 925 gram can of Maxwell House for $5. When I got there though I saw that there was an empty space on the shelves where the deal had been offered since Thursday. I asked one of the shelf stockers if there was any more Maxwell House in the back. He returned five minutes later, but he didn’t really say they were out of the cans. He pointed to the shelf and said, “That was the last of it.” I got the impression that there was more but they wouldn’t be putting out until the sale was over.
            I had a Freshco flyer in my backpack so I just rode down to the No Frills at King and Jameson where I picked a 925-gram can of Maxwell House off their shelf, showed the cashier the flyer and got the same deal on a price match. 

No comments:

Post a Comment