Friday 9 June 2017

The Heart is the Stupid Part of the Mind



            On Thursday I finally got caught up enough on my journal to spare the time for a bike ride. There were lots of other cyclists going east along the Bloor bike lane and so I had to ride with the cars several times in order pass them.
            Near the now shut down Honest Ed’s I overheard a father with a lisp exclaim to his child, “Life’s not perfect!”
Not wanting to overexert my knee I only went as far as Sherbourne. On the way back I went south on St George to the College bike lane, which was also quite crowded but free of barriers to keep someone from passing. It was a pretty warm afternoon and it felt good to be out riding and sweating.
            We should set our emotions free so they won’t be cooped up in the city. The government needs to allot a particularly desolate section of the arctic as a special territory for our feelings to live so they will have a purpose rather than being urban pests. Of course we can keep in touch with them to see how they’re doing but it’ll be a lot more peaceful, pleasant and cheaper for us to stay here with our bodies and our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment