Monday 5 June 2017

Looking for a Tulip



            I spent most of the daylight on Friday finishing up my review of the previous Tuesday’s Shab-e She’r poetry reading. Imagine how little time I would have if I was also going out to the two weekly open stages that I have usually frequented over the last few years: I wouldn’t have any free time at all. I wasn’t done until about 22:00.
            After posting my review I needed to go out to the supermarket, but first of all I wanted to see if I could find a tulip because I needed one as a prop for my guest spot at the Words and Music Salon the next day. I went over to the Super Land Market across O’Hara from my place to inquire about the soldiery helmeted bulb sticks. One of the owner’s daughters that work in the store told me that tulips are out of season now. She said that they might get them in sometime but it’s rare. She offered though that it’s possible that some other stores might have some right now.
            I decided to take the long way around to Freshco. I rode up Brock Avenue to Dundas and then across, looking along the way for places that sell flowers. Just after Dufferin there is an actual florist, but the shop was closed, so made a mental note to go there the next day before my gig.
            I went down Gladstone Avenue to Freshco where I bought grapes, strawberries, bananas, a tomato and a container of yogourt.
            By the time I got home there was no time to cook anything elaborate, so I just boiled a potato, turned it into home fries and had it with two fried eggs. I had a bowl of yogourt with sliced bananas, strawberries and honey for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment