Thursday 5 July 2018

Hot Hot Hot Canaday



            I’d kept the fan on all night and didn’t turn it off until I was about to start yoga on Sunday morning.
            It was predicted that it would be cooler on Sunday than Saturday but it wasn’t. I was able to eat breakfast but it was again too hot at lunchtime for me to have more than some apple juice. I finished writing about my food bank adventure of the day before.
            In the afternoon I drank two big glasses of water and then took my bike out into the oven of the day. I was surprised when I passed the Beer Store that it was open. I thought things like that were always closed on Canada Day. I guess it’s because this year Canada Day is on a Sunday and so they are making Monday the day off. There wasn’t a lot of traffic on Bloor Street and bicycles were even fewer. There was maybe one velo every block in the downtown area but a lot less further east. There was also no breeze against me as I headed east and so it felt much hotter than the day before until I was almost at Main Street a wind started blowing.
            I rode to Warden Avenue and Danforth Avenue, then I went back to Danforth Road and took that up to where it meets Warden. So I went to Warden and Danforth in two different locations and it took me 55 minutes from when I left home.
            When I got home I ran the cold water, finished off my apple juice and then drank another glass of water.
            I had an egg with rye toast and a little bit of cheese for dinner with a beer while watching two episodes of Dobie Gillis.
In the first story the folk singing craze has swept the campus. There is an election for student counsel president and Dobie enters to impress a girl named Ursula. He makes the mistake though of running on the issue of garbage collection on campus while his opponent, Chatsworth Osborn Jr. doesn’t run on any issues but rather just sings folk songs with a trio. Zelda takes over Dobie’s campaign and gets Dobie to sing too and so he begins to win. Mr Pomfritt is ashamed of him for turning the electoral process into entertainment. Dobie realizes the error of his ways and goes back to the issues. When he is willing to be arrested for his beliefs it sways the election in his favour.
In the second story Maynard suddenly comes into $41.37 and says that a squirrel gave it to him. Mr Pomfritt announces that an envelope containing $41.37 was stolen from his desk. Dobie thinks that Maynard stole the money and so he borrows the amount from his father so he can help Maynard by returning the money. Dobie gets caught by Mr Pomfritt putting the money back in his desk. Now even Maynard thinks Dobie is a thief and so he keeps kicking him in the shin. It turns out that a squirrel stole the money and gave it to Maynard.
            I made coffee but didn’t feel like drinking anything hot so I put it in the fridge for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment