Wednesday 25 July 2018

Ilse Taurins



            On Tuesday I washed three undershirts and a pair of shorts and put them out back to dry.
I got caught up on my writing and didn’t take a bike ride because of the chance of rain. It did start raining while I would have been in the east end if I’d gone riding. I’d forgotten about my clothes on the deck though, which probably would have been almost dry if I’d grabbed them before the downpour.
That evening I wanted to practice playing “Andalusian Dream” but I needed to go out and buy batteries for my guitar tuner. It was already after 20:00 and I thought Fullworth would be closed but it wasn’t and so I bought four CR2032 batteries. I played the song three times.
That night I watched two episodes of Dobie Gillis.
In the first story Dobie’s father and Maynard get their index fingers locked together in a Gypsy love link. Dobie goes looking for the Gypsy that sold it to Maynard and far out of town finds the Gypsy camp. He also finds Natasha, the daughter of the Gypsy king and while kissing her forgets what he’d come there for. Meanwhile Dobie’s father is up for the Grocer of the Year award and so the only way to make bringing Maynard with him not look stupid is to dress him in drag and have him go as his wife. The little Italian grocer who won the award falls for Maynard and keeps chasing him around for a kiss. Afterward Dobie shows them that to get free they must push rather than pull.
Natasha was played by Ilse Taurins who was originally from Latvia.
The second story was basically a repeat of a story from the first season. The original started with Tuesday Weld’s character, Thalia dumping Dobie but this one had Zelda finally decide to call it quits with Dobie. But when a new rich girl in school named Claypool wants Dobie because he’s boringly dependable, Zelda wants him back. Once she’s got him back she tries to teach him to think but when he can’t she dumps him again. This goes back and forth until Dobie finally learns to think and his thinking makes him logically dump Zelda but it makes him dangerous to Claypool so she won’t have him.
Claypool was played by Asa Maynor who was at this time married to Edd Byrnes



No comments:

Post a Comment