Saturday 2 November 2019

Faulty Faucet


            The wind was still blowing strong when I got up on Friday but one benefit of it was that with my living room windows open the cool air combined with the heat from my radiators to even out the temperature.
            My kitchen faucet has been malfunctioning for a long time as it's not fixed where it should be and I have to twist the handle around to find the temperature of water I’m looking for. It was even worse this morning as it flopped around like a noodle until I finally got it into a position that gave me cold water to drink.
            I finished memorizing “Panpan Culcul” (A Good Spanking) by Serge Gainsbourg and looked for the chords but found none so I started working them out. It's in C.
            I used a screwdriver underneath the sink to secure my faucet a little more but it's still loose. I definitely need another one but this is the second on of the same type that my landlord bought and the other one went wrong in exactly the same way. I assume there are better quality sink fixtures out there. I didn’t want a double sink in the first place but since Raja installed one I think either a flexible faucet or two faucets would be better. 
            I worked a little more on my Meductic village research for Indigenous Studies.
            I did my laundry and while it was in the wash I rode down to Freshco. They only had green grapes, so I didn’t get any. I bought strawberries, raspberries, a loaf of Bavarian sandwich bread, a pack of chicken drumsticks, a pack of lean ground beef, two containers of Greek yogourt, a pack of old cheddar and a box of spoon size shredded wheat. I remembered to buy Earl Grey tea but I forgot to buy honey.
            Without taking my groceries home I rode straight back to the Laundromat to put my stuff in the dryer. The attendant had a long red club with a ball on the end and was practicing his golf swing in the parking lot.
            I did the dishes.
            I finished listening to the Yes-Jon Anderson discography. It’s interesting to compare his solo career with Yes. Musically the work was so much better in the band. Lyrically it all sounds pretentiously New Agey like he’s just come back from a retreat at Findhorn. I would say their best work was with both Steve Howe and Jon Anderson in the band. It occurred to me that Jon Anderson and Grace Slick have similar voices, although Anderson has more range. Yes actually came to sound a bit like Starship for a while and like a lot of other bands in the 80s when they stopped experimenting.
            I had a cold drumstick for lunch and some yogourt.
            I did my exercises in the afternoon while listening to Amos and Andy. In this episode Kingfish’s uncle leaves him $2000 on the condition that he has a son to pass on the family name. He decides to adopt Andy and there doesn’t seem to be a law against it. After he finds out he’ll be getting the money he tells Andy to get out but the lawyer arrives and says the will states that the money goes to the son.
I started trying to edit the video I’d shot of the windy street the night before but Windows Movie Maker wouldn’t recognize the MOV file from my camera. I tried to convert it in Cloud Convert but after several minutes it said the file was too big. I tried video editor but that didn’t change the format. Finally, somehow I changed it to MP4 but I don’t know how. Movie Maker accepted that. The audio of the traffic from the video was too harsh and so I turned that down and added Juliette Greco singing Les Feuilles Mortes and had it fade out so it didn’t seem so abrupt at the end.


I had a potato, two drumsticks and gravy for dinner while watching Wanted Dead or Alive starring Steve McQueen.
In this story Josh has been hired a father to get his son Arnold away from the influence of a renegade military leader. Mandeville has formed a militia to invade Mexican California under the pretence of librating it but he really wants to steal gold and silver. Josh enters their camp before thy ride out and tries to take Arnold away but he is knocked out. When he recovers he goes after them. After crossing the border he is captured by Mexicans that think Josh is with Mandeville. He escapes, goes into Mandeville’s camp where he is captured again. Arnold has realized by this time that Mandeville is a murderer after he has slaughtered women and children. They are both forced to ride with the militia into Mexico but when the troop is ambushed in a pass they escape and Josh takes Arnold home.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment