Monday 18 November 2019

Savage Sirens



            On Sunday morning I got a third of “Titicaca” by Serge Gainsbourg memorized. I discovered that I didn’t have all the words in one of the lines and so I tracked those down and had to adjust the translation.
            So many sirens today one would think that they had become an industry. Maybe they’ve learned to harvest the sound as an energy source to power a city of deaf people. The siren shooting vehicles are like a tribe of savage cowboys shooting up the town on a Sunday night. All this while I was trying to concentrate on writing my Indigenous Studies essay.
            I took an early siesta in the late morning and when I got up at 13:00 and except for making a quick lunch and later a quick dinner, I worked steadily for almost twelve hours. By half past midnight I had finally whittled my notes down to just over a five-page essay. I went to bed thinking about how I was going to pull the home part of the paper into some sort of harmony with the Toronto part.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment