Wednesday 20 November 2019

Mating Call of the Fireman in Heat



            I slept straight through till 4:30, despite having gone to bed an hour and a half early.
            I’ve got "Titicaca" by Serge Gainsbourg half memorized.
            I worked a bit on my essay until 12:30 and then I went to bed until 14:00.
            When I got up the deadline for my essay was 24 hours away and so I had half a bag of jasmine rice coconut crispy rolls for lunch and went dark to work on my paper. I took a few minutes in the evening to post my blog and then went back to work. I had a whole chicken in the fridge and would normally have cut it up but I didn’t want to spend the time and so I just grilled the whole hen. I had one of its legs, a potato and gravy for dinner and kept on working.
            There have been so many fire trucks lately that I wonder if the sirens are their mating call and they are reproducing.
            Since I was writing about both Oscar Wilde and Baudelaire I added a bit about Gautier because he’s a connection between the two authors. I translated some parts of Baudelaire’s poems and part of a poem by Gautier so I could quote them in a way that made sense to me even though there were translations for both poets available.
            I went to bed at 00:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment