Wednesday 3 July 2024

Sara Seegar


            On Tuesday morning I finished working out the chords for “Litanie en Lituanie” (Litany in Lithuania) by Serge Gainsbourg and ran through singing and playing it in French. Tomorrow I’ll run through it in English and then upload it to my Christian’s Translations blog. 
            I played my Kramer during song practice and played with the foot switches and the volume pedal for the second time. The only problem with switching to distortion in the middle of a song is that it’s louder than the clean sound and it sometimes throws things off. A few times I was able to compensate for that by turning up the volume pedal before the song, then turning down the guitar, then when it’s time to use the distortion I just turned down the volume pedal and that sort of equalized the levels.
            I weighed 87.85 kilos before breakfast, which is the lightest I’ve been in the morning since June 23. 
            In the late morning I transferred about 300 photos from my main hard drive to the Samsung SSD. I’m up to the “M”s. 
            I weighed 88.3 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and back.
            I weighed 88.05 kilos at 17:15. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:15. 
            It was too cloudy this evening to go out and look for Whispering Ghost to reshoot the video I screwed up yesterday. 
            I compared the videos of my performances of “La jambe de bois” on August 5 and 9. I think August 5 looks a bit better so it wins this round. I compared August 11 to August 5 and I still think August 5 looks better. I compared August 15 to August 5 and observed that August 15 doesn’t have as dramatic a play of light and shadow so I’ll stay with August 5 for now. I compared August 27 to August 5 and they are close but I still think I look better, and even stronger on August 5. I compared September 6 to August 5 and September 6 looks and sounds at least as good, plus that day’s session is already a project in Movie Maker. So September 6 will be the acoustic version of “La jambe de bois” that I upload to YouTube. Tomorrow I’ll compare the three electric sets of that song and get started on comparing the nine acoustic takes of “The Wooden Leg”. 
            I tried to listen to a cassette marked “Fun and Games” by running my cassette to MP3 converter through my audio interface but I couldn’t hear anything. I was able to mostly hear the last cassette I recorded so I don’t know if it’s been erased or if it’s just being glitchy. I plugged in a usb drive and set it on record so I’ll find out when the tape is finished playing if there’s anything on it. I seem to recall that “Fun and Games” is an early recording of my songs from Mike’s recording studio when it was in Peter Fruchter’s garage. After the conversion was complete I heard that it was indeed a recording of some of my songs from Mike’s place with just me on guitar and vocals and sometimes Mike on drums. 
            I moved another hundred songs from my main hard drive to the SSD. I’m up to Pat Hitchcock. 
            I had a potato with gravy while watching season 4, episodes 10 and 11 of Bewitched. 
            In the first story Darrin is looking forward to doing nothing for the weekend when Clara literally drops in on them. Then the doorbell rings and it’s Larry telling him he’s sending him and Samantha to Chicago right away to meet with Mr. Springer of Springer Pet Foods and his wife for lunch. They go and Springer is impressed with Darrin and Samantha. Samantha calls home to check if everything is all right and learns that Tabitha has turned her stuffed monkey into a living chimpanzee. So Samantha magically transports herself back home to tell Tabitha to reverse her spell. But while she is there Larry’s wife Louise walks in. She’s confused to see Samantha because she thought she went to Chicago. When Samantha pops back to Chicago and rejoins the others at lunch, Springer announces that he’s just agreed to renew his contract with McMann and Tate. He goes to call Larry to tell him the good news. But Larry has just heard from Louise that Samantha couldn’t make it to Chicago and when Springer calls, Larry apologizes for that. Springer concludes then that Darrin is cheating on his wife and so he wants nothing to do with Darrin or Larry’s company. When Darrin gets home he gets a call from Larry telling him he’s fired. When Darrin comes in the next day to clear out his desk Samantha and Tabitha come along. Springer happens to be getting out of his limo when he sees the doorman greet Samantha as Mrs. Stevens. He realizes his mistake. Darrin tells Springer he was testing him because they are a busy advertizing firm that doesn’t have time for clients who pry into other people’s lives. Springer is impressed with Darrin’s attitude. Later Samantha has Louise pop by on her way to the psychiatrist that Larry is forcing her to see. Samantha tells Louise she won’t need a psychiatrist as she introduces her to her identical cousin Serena. Serena pretends she was there when Louise walked in. Samantha walks Louise to her car. Darrin comes down the stairs and Serena, still disguised as Samantha, asks him for a kiss. Darrin slaps her on the bottom and says, “Don’t ever try that again Serena!” 
            Mrs. Springer was played by Sara Seegar, who began acting as an amateur in high school. She earned a degree in drama from Los Angeles Junior College. She started her career on the London stage in 1935 in Three Men on a Horse. When WWII broke out she moved back to the States. She made her Broadway debut in Horse Fever. She played many supporting roles in television and film. She played Maude Dunlop in The Music Man. She played Mrs. Wilson in one season of Dennis the Menace. She played ten different roles on Bewitched. She married radio star Ezra Stone who she met while they were together in a failed show on Broadway. 


            In the second story Endora has lost her powers. She can’t go home because her dwelling is only accessible through magic, so she has to stay with Samantha and Darrin. Samantha summons Dr. Bombay who examines Endora and after listening to her foot he concludes that she is suffering from an allergy to the Macedonian dodo bird, which has been extinct for millions of years. He can cure her instantly as soon as he gets a feather from the bird to make a potion. He says her powers have possibly attached themselves to another witch whose powers are dwindling. Suddenly Aunt Clara appears with control over her powers like she hasn’t had in years. Later Tabitha comes down the stairs with a large and ridiculously unreal bird that she conjured from one of her picture books. Bombay is summoned again and he says this is definitely a baby Macedonian dodo. He chases it to plug a feather then stirs a potion with it which he has Endora drink. She instantly regains her powers and Clara’s powers return to their state of fumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment