Tuesday 15 October 2024

Adina and I danced to The Murder of Bryan Adams


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I didn’t see my daughter. Steve Lowe at the last minute offered me two tickets to see Tony Hightower’s band The Murder of Bryan Adams at the Spadina Hotel. I picked them up at Steve’s place and then went to the Café Verité to meet Adina. We walked to the Green Room where we said hi to Matthew and Peter, then we took the Spadina bus to King Street. We didn’t have to show our tickets because we were almost the only ones there. Before the concert Adina and I were kissing and Tony suggested we come up for air. Anodyne Necklace opened the show and Adina and I danced. Then Tony’s band played and we had a blast. I met Blitz, the bass player and was interested in having him play with Christian and the Lions. A few months later Tony got a cease and desist order from Bryan Adams’s lawyers and he had to change the name of his band. He changed it to The Trapped Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment