Saturday 5 October 2024

October 5, 1994: Adina's mother told me I was the most sophisticated performer in the place


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I posed at Central Technical School from 12:30 to 15:00 and then at the Ontario College of Art from 16:00 to 19:00. After work I headed straight to the Bloor Street United Church for the Fat Albert’s open stage in the basement. Adina was already there when I arrived and she was smoking as much as she could before her mother got there. Her mother came just as I was about to perform. With Steve Lowe backing me up on guitar I did either “Me and Gravity” and “Angeline” or “Spider and the Fly” and “Mooning the Matriarchs/Pooning the Patriarchs”. Adina’s mother enjoyed it and said that I was the most sophisticated person in the place. After she left, Steve performed. Then Adina and I walked while she smoked to Albert’s Hall for the open stage there. I screwed up again on “Mooning the Matriarchs/Pooning the Patriarchs”. I walked Adina to the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment