Friday 9 September 2016

Hell's Angels in Shorts



            July 16 was a much cooler day than it’s been lately. When I started my bike ride on Saturday, it was still shorts and tank top weather, but it was not hot and I predict that a lot of people that were out for whole day didn’t bring jackets for later and suffered because of that.
            A trio of Korean teenagers were playing funky jazz at Christie and Bloor with electric guitar, bass and a full drum kit.
            I rode to Donlands and Memorial Park and then across to Greenwood.
            When I got home I was pleased to discover, while looking for a grapefruit, that I had a can of beer in my crisper that had been hiding for weeks in a plastic bag.
           
            On Sunday, July 17th, I looked out my window and saw a gang of Hells Angels riding by. Some of them were wearing tan coloured shorts and they looked surprisingly middle class on wide, comfortable looking bikes rather than mean looking choppers. Perhaps they were coming from the Toronto Indy and were on their way to take tea.
            I could hear the drone of the Indy all day like the sound of a million mosquitoes arguing, with sore throats.
            It was another cooler than usual day, with an overcast sky. The grey had some variety in texture but it wasn’t the kind of sky that makes one feel good to look up into it.
            I didn’t take the bike cam with me this time because there was a file on it from the day before that I couldn’t export to my computer. I haven’t decided whether to just delete it or not.
            I rode to Cosburn and Donlands and then across to Greenwood. Lots of little houses, some of them bungalows in rows. Quite a few identical two-story red brick houses that are probably about fifty years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment