Tuesday 11 October 2016

A Little Food Poisoning

            

            I had a headache when I woke up on the Saturday morning August 20th, and it felt like the kind of fuzzy discomfort that I get when I have food poisoning. The only thing that could have caused the problem were the food bank mushrooms that I’d added to the vegetable stew the night before. The problem persisted while I was doing yoga, but diminished during song practice. Nonetheless I felt very tired before midday and since Nick Cushing had said he was coming by either on Saturday or Sunday, I knew that if it turned out to be Saturday I wouldn’t have the energy to shoot a video unless I got some sleep beforehand.     
            Shortly after I laid myself down, Nick called to tell me he was getting his equipment charged up and that he’d be leaving when everything was ready.
            I napped for an hour and then I got up to begin tidying up. I was almost finished vacuuming the kitchen when Nick called to tell me that the expressway was down to two lanes, so he didn’t want to leave until it cleared up, and it might not. I went back to my writing, but then just before 15:00 Nick called to say he’d be at my place in about an hour. I finished vacuuming and cleaned up a bit in the bathroom. Nick arrived around 16:30 with a couple of cans of Red Racer ale. We chatted and drank the beer, then he set up his video and sound equipment and I again attempted to get a recording of my song “Love In Remission” without any major mistakes. I had hoped to do about seven takes, but after three tries he had to leave, and so I still didn’t get a version that I thought was good enough to put up on YouTube. Nick suggested that it wouldn’t be hard to use my computer for the sound recording, with the addition of some software, and then I could take as long as I want to get things right.
            That night I went to bed an hour earlier than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment