Sunday 9 October 2016

Amarillo

           


            Amarillo left home at the beginning of the early August heat wave. He came home a couple of days later, ate a bowl of kibble and then left again and he’s been gone ever since. He’s been away in the past for as long as two weeks, but he’s not as young and strong as he used to be. He and Jonquil are the feline equivalent of 84 years old.
            On the evening of August 16th, I took my bike ride. Pedestrians tend to still wander the bike lane on Bloor Street. One guy walked in front of me while looking at his phone. There wasn’t any danger of hitting him but he didn’t know that or seem to care.
            Tuesday was certainly the coolest day we’ve had in weeks. I was hoping that the rain would save itself for the evening so I could get caught up on my writing.
            I rode to Mortimer and Linnsmore and then explored a few streets in that area.
            As I travelled, I was singing a translation that I’ve been working on called “Sweet Things In Paradise”
            I did laundry on Monday and left two pairs of socks on the railing. It must have been windy because one sock was gone when I checked in the afternoon. I thought it must have blown down to the sidewalk beside the Coffeetime, but I couldn’t see it anywhere.

            I watched an episode of I Love Lucy in which Lucy makes a bet with Ricky that she can tell the truth for an entire week. She keeps her promise, and though she pisses off a lot of her friends, she finds it to be a liberating experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment