Thursday 6 October 2016

Hot Yoga is Overrated

           


            One problem with doing yoga on hot mornings is that my skin gets very slippery. When I do the locust pose I lie on my stomach with my arms together underneath me and then push down on the floor while lifting my legs up. When I’m sweaty though my arms slide out from under me and I can’t get as much height with my legs.
On Saturday, August 13th, I spent some time preparing a bio for Linda Stitt, who has invited me to be a guest reader at her poetry salon on June 3rd in 2017. I made the bio all out of quotes from other people that I’d found and remembered over the years.
            It finally rained in the afternoon and so I didn’t take a bike ride, even though it wasn’t really raining at the time I would normally go. There were lots of puddles though and it looked like it might come down again during my ride.
            I watched the first two episodes from the third season of I Love Lucy. At the end of the first one, Lucy got her third spanking in the history of the show, but it was a weird one. Ricky had given Lucy a small part in his show in which she sat on a balcony with a rose in her teeth while he serenaded. But when he turned away from her to sing to the audience, with the help of a suspension cable, Lucy would simulate flying behind him. When the audience was applauding, Ricky thought it was for him, but when he turned around and saw her, he told the person working her cable from above not to let her down. And so she was trapped in suspension as Ricky got behind her and said he was going to do a special version of his song “Babaloo”. Then he proceeded to play her behind like a conga drum.
            In the second show Lucy and Ethel decided to buy a dress shop that was for sale because they saw the owner make $250 in two minutes. Lucy figured that that meant they could make $7,500 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment