Saturday 24 December 2016

A Librarian is Someone that Only Eats Libraries



            On Friday I actually woke up by myself for the first time in days.
I finally finished my review of Shab-e She’r and posted it. It’s very relaxing to get caught up on things.
            There was a slip indicating an attempted delivery from Canada Post hanging up downstairs. The guy had knocked on the door of my building, but of course I hadn’t heard. My wonderful daughter Astrid sent me a parcel, but I can pick it up down the street on Saturday, after going to the food bank.
            I didn’t remember to start thawing my Christmas turkey until evening, so it might not be ready on Christmas day. I might be wrong though.
            I started downloading Batman versus Superman and Captain America: Civil War.
            I’ve almost finished reorganizing my books after many years. This time the order will be on a database so it won’t be so hard to get them all back in place if the need arises. It was all those many times of having to clear my shelves for the exterminator that got my library in such disarray. Recently I’ve gone weeks at a time without seeing a cockroach, though sometimes it’s every couple of days. I wonder if the Library of Alexandria has these kinds of problems anymore. Is there a special spray that keeps at bay history’s armies that are bent on destroying libraries?

No comments:

Post a Comment