Tuesday 20 December 2016

Zsa Zsa



            I got up about twenty minutes late on Monday. I don’t know why I feel guilty when I get up a little late. It’s not like it cuts deeply into my day.
I worked on the poem that I want to read at Shab-e She’r on Tuesday night. It’s taking on more aspects then I expected.
I think I got about half of my books organized.
I translated a bit of “Les Enfants du Paradis” by Jacques Prevert and a little of “Les Remparts du Sud” by Boris Vian.
I saw a post by someone from my Aesthetics class announcing that he’d gotten his essay back. I checked online several times for mine but it still wasn’t there. TAs are supposed to mark papers in two weeks, but it’s been three and a half.

I heard on the radio that Zsa Zsa Gabor died and someone posted some quotes from her. I hadn’t realized that she was that funny. Here are some of the things she said: “I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back.”; “I’m a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house.”; “I don’t remember anyone’s name. How do you think the ‘dahling’ thing got started?”; “How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?”; “I want a man who is kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?”; “I love the intellectual type. They know everything and suspect nothing.”; “I don’t take gifts from perfect strangers. But then, nobody’s perfect.”

No comments:

Post a Comment