Friday 23 December 2016

Time Does Not Exist



            On Wednesday I didn’t wake up at 5:00 as I’d hoped, but my new alarm setting woke me up at 5:07. Yay! It only makes a difference for two of my morning routines. Those few extra minutes are divided between my song translations and writing projects but it does make a difference to have that little bit more time.
            Even though I still had quite a bit of chilli in a pot that it would take me a few more days to finish, I had a small outside round roast in the fridge that had a best before date of December 21st, so I had to cook it. I preheated the oven to 260, then I rubbed the meat in salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and grainy Dijon mustard and then seared it for ten minutes before lowering the heat to 120 and cooking it for an hour. I sliced off the end when it was finished and it tasted amazing.
            During the holidays I like to catch up on my Doctor Who and my superhero movies, so I decided to start some downloads. I discovered though that there hasn’t been any new Doctor Who episodes this year and that the newest one since last Christmas will be airing on Christmas day. That means I won’t get to see it till a few days after that. I started downloaded a couple of movies from franchises that I fell behind on: Spiderman 2 from the reboot (I’m pretty sure I saw the one with The Lizard and I don’t recall one with a Black Electro, so I think I must be on track) and The Man of Steel, which feels like a second reboot, though Superman Returns technically was not a reboot because even though the cast was different it was supposed to take place after the original Superman 2 and ignore the rest of that series.
            I also started downloading Deadpool, which actually looked pretty good in the previews I’d watched.
            Waking late, best before dates and no Doctor Who travelling in time this year. If time existed there would be a connection between these three!

No comments:

Post a Comment