Tuesday 6 December 2016

Dream Monkey



            Early on Sunday December 4th I worked on getting caught up with my journal entries. At around 13:00 I made it up to the beginning of the lecture notes from my last Aesthetics class and then I took a siesta. 
            I dreamed that I ran into a TA that I’d previously had, and though in the dream I recognized her, I don’t recall a teaching assistant looking like that. I think she might have represented the TA that gave me the A-plus on my Science Fiction paper a couple of years ago. The dream TA was not very attractive to me at first but I started becoming drawn to her as we spoke, especially because as we talked she was sitting very close to me and casually but gently caressing my hand and arm. I think we were about to start making out when I woke up. Obviously my subconscious mind was trying to help me do well on my upcoming assessments and it thinks that sexual attraction between students and TAs is the way for that to happen. You’ve got to love your subconscious mind! It’s sort of like a pet monkey in your head with the power to temporarily reshape reality. It knows what you want and it tries to help you get it but it’s very often wrong on how because it’s just a dumb monkey. But when it makes all of those errors, it’s mistaken in such very nice ways.

            I watched another episode of Johnny Staccato that had been directed by John Cassavetes. He had a unique, psychological approach for television. Of note were his presentation of a chaotic, hipster party and another scene where a mobster was beating Staccato up and laughing like a maniac at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment