Monday 5 December 2016

Cut off at the Ni ....?



            On Saturday December 3rd I had to do laundry again. It seems to be a pattern that I have to do laundry every two weeks. Maybe if I bought more underwear it would save me some time.
            I tried to change a Loonie in the change machine but it came back three times. The woman that was managing the place noticed that and came up to stand nearby, until I tried another Loonie and it worked. Funny though that the dollar coin that didn’t work before, made change after I’d broken up the other Loonie. It’s like it didn’t want to make the sacrifice unless its buddy did the same.
            I went home during washing and drying, and in between the two, Sundar finally came back for the rent.
            I really should have been studying for Monday’s Philosophy quiz or working on Tuesday’s English paper, but I was so close to getting caught up with my journal entries that I focused on that. I’ve been behind on my journal since June or July.

            Later that evening there was a Parkdale guy shouting at a group of college age men and women. They just continued on, mildly amused. The focus of the drunken man’s ire seemed to be a young Black man, whom he was challenging to a fight. He said, “I’m three times your age! Come on ni…” but even in his state he thought better of finishing the word. He quickly turned around and walked in the other direction. Or maybe he hadn’t been trying to say what I’d thought he was trying to say and that he was rather just one of the Knights who say “Ni”.

No comments:

Post a Comment