Tuesday 27 December 2016

Wonder Woman



            During song practice on Monday morning I found that for the most part, my missing lateral incisor does not limit my singing, except for one sound. Whenever I sang a lyric that had the letter “f” in it there was slightly too much wind coming through that hole, thus making the “f” sound a bit less smooth than the other letters. I was relieved to discover how few of the songs that I sing have the “f” sound in them.
            I tried calling my dentist’s office but it looked like Smile City was closed for Boxing Day because no one answered. I guess it was just as well, since it was a very rainy day and what was left of my tooth was not in pain.
            I took a two-hour siesta in the early afternoon and then finished my journal about what happened on Christmas.
            That night I ate the other leg of my turkey with some of the stuffing and cranberry sauce while watching “Batman versus Superman”.             I was impressed by the complex screenplay that juggled several storylines at the same time and a lot of which turned out to have been part of Lex Luthor’s plan all along. I was impressed with Jessie Eisenberg’s portrayal of Lex Luthor and with Gal-Gadot-Varsano as Wonder Woman. Holy crap she’s beautiful! I’m looking forward to the Wonder Woman movie and I hope they don’t screw it up.
            I don’t like Batman using guns. One of the main things that impressed me about Batman when I was a kid was his ability to take on gun toting thugs without using them himself. He used his brains and his agility. Another problem with the film version of Batman is the armour. They are really missing the point of Batman in turning him into a dark, angry version of Iron Man. I’m okay with the dark and angry, but Batman is supposed to have an animal grace. He’s supposed to be light on his feet and be not some clanking, cumbersome metal man. I think he was meant to be kind of a cross between The Shadow, Tarzan, Sherlock Holmes and maybe a little bit of Doc Savage.
            As for Alfred, I have no problem with Jeremy Irons’s portrayal, but I do have a gripe with how he was written as not only Bruce Wayne’s butler, but also Batman’s weapons and communications expert. That’s way too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment