Saturday 2 September 2023

September 2, 1993: I told the audience to fake an orgasm


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday night at Mudds Cabaret Elizabeth the co-proprietor picked out three of my collages: "Prana", "Miss Clairol", and "Boddhi's Hat" to put up on the walls. The place was pretty dead. Martin was getting tired of hosting the readings and so I started the open stage. I announced my upcoming concert at Crickets on November 1 and I told the audience to fake an orgasm. I ran into Marjorie Robero and asked her why she'd stood me up a few weeks before. She apologized and gave some excuse. We talked for quite a while outside of Mudds and I showed her my artwork. She fixed her hair while we were talking and I thought it was a good sign she was attracted to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment