Friday 22 September 2023

September 22, 1993: Nancy snuck away while our daughter was putting a quarter into a busker's guitar case


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday I picked up my daughter at the Main subway station. Her mother snuck away while she was distracted with dropping a quarter into a busker's guitar case. Then we left the station and went to the Discount Drug Mart where I bought crackers and toothpaste after a long line-up. We walked from there the long way to my place. She fell asleep at around 16:00 and I left her on the bed for an hour but I had to bring her back to Nancy at 18:00 so I took her while she was still sleeping to the streetcar. She slept all the way downtown. Nancy wasn't there and after waiting half an hour I started leaving to take her to work with me but I met her mother running out of the subway. My daughter woke up just before I left to pose at the Ontario College of Art but she wouldn't kiss me goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment