Friday 8 September 2023

Sleep in the Snow


            On Thursday my "Sleep in the Snow" video had gotten 57 hits in three days. That's the most views I've gotten for one of my videos in almost three years and the most for one of my own songs in six years. 


            That morning I revised my translation for verse seven of "Au bon vieux temps" (In the Good Old Days) by Boris Vian. 
            I finished working out the chords for "Le Couteau dans le play" (The Knife in the Play) by Serge Gainsbourg and ran through singing and playing it in French. I revised my translation of the first two verses and the chorus. I'll probably have that finished on Friday and will also have time to run through it in English and upload it to my Christian's Translations blog. 
            I audio and video recorded song practice while playing my Martin acoustic guitar. The guitar's battery power started to diminish during the last two songs of the video recording and a little later went entirely dead. 
            I weighed 86 kilos before breakfast, which is the heaviest I've been in the morning in forty-four days. 
            I found out that the only way to pay for my academic transcripts is by credit card, which I don't have and don't want to have. I called the transcript office and the person I spoke with was very nice. She said she'd open up a ticket by email and see if someone at the office could find a solution. Shortly I received a message from someone named Rachelle who said it's out of their control. I said I won't be able to apply for the MA without my transcripts and I don't think I should be forced to get a credit card just to pay the $18. She got back to me later saying she would make an exception and I could pay by money order. I appreciate that but it seems to me that if one can make an exception that means it isn't out of their control. I just have to find out what to write on the money order. 
            I weighed 85.6 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I took a bike ride downtown and stopped at Freshco on the way back. I bought five bags of grapes, two packs of blackberries, some bananas, a pack of five-year-old cheddar, a jug of limeade, a jar of Basilica sauce, a bag of Miss Vickie's chips, and a jar of salsa. I forgot to buy paper towels and so I might have to go back there on Friday. 
            I weighed 85.2 kilos at 17:30. 
            I was caught up on my journal at 18:42. 
            I reviewed this morning's song practice video. I think that at least one chord was off on "Megaphor". The final take of "Sixteen Tons of Dogma" might have come through okay. 
            In Audacity I returned to synchronizing the master track of Megaphor with one of the drum tracks. The wave forms of the two tracks that I thought that I needed to line up were not the right ones. Lining them up threw the vocals totally out of synch, so I undid everything and found exactly which waveforms were of the vocals after the instrumental. I lined those up and everything was fine, then I exported the synchronized file. Then I checked my YouTube channel to see if I've ever uploaded a concert video of Megaphor, and I was surprised to find out that I haven't. All I have of Megaphor on YouTube is the video of me playing it on the acoustic guitar that I uploaded last year. I searched through my video files of old concert videos and I have Christian and the Lions playing Megaphor at the Riot Gallery. I probably played it at the 360 Club but it wasn't recorded on video. The only other video I have of Megaphor is from the very first video of the original line-up of Christian and the Lions with Tom Smarda, Mike Martin, Steve Lowe and Arjan when we performed at The El Mocambo. I decided to extract that video just in case I need pieces of it for my Megaphor music video. I converted it to WMV. On Friday I'll start a Movie Maker project for Megaphor and begin making the video using the Riot Gallery version of Megaphor as a visual base and the Megaphor studio master track as the soundtrack. 
            I scanned ten single black and white negatives of shots of my daughter when she was two or three. There are about ten singles left and then I think there are six sheets of full strips of negatives after that. 
            I had a potato with gravy and a piece of pork loin while watching season 5, episodes 28 and 29 of Petticoat Junction. 
            In the first story Sam Drucker has decided to renovate his store and while the work is being done he's taking a vacation. He's chosen to take his holiday at the Shady Rest. Joe is very excited about Sam coming to stay and plans horseshoe and checkers tournaments, fishing and hunting trips, and late nights telling jokes and stories. But Joe is very disappointed that Sam spends a lot of time with Kate's daughters and with Aunt Ellen. He participates in singalongs, helps with the dishes and builds Ellen some jam shelves. It's only after three of the four days that Bert the barber tells Sam how much Joe had been looking forward to spending time with him. Sam tries to make up for it on the final day of his vacation and tuckers Joe out with all the activities he engages in with him. 
            In the second story Steve has had his and Betty Joe's wedding rings engraved and they vow never to take them off. But the next day Betty takes her ring off to show Bobbie Joe and it flies out of her hand then goes down the drain. Betty tries to sneak one of Joe's wrenches away but he catches her and she confesses and so Joe tries to help her. But the result is that Betty and Steve's little house is flooded. When Betty learns how much plumbers cost she gets Billie Joe to help her with a scam. They dress up as elderly women and pretend to be senile. The plumber comes and retrieves the ring and they give him $4 even though the bill is $11 more. Betty doesn't want the plumber to think it's her wedding ring and so she shows it to him by slipping it onto a sausage. Suddenly the dog grabs it and runs off with it. When the plumber sees Betty chasing the dog he realizes she's not an old lady and says he's going to keep the ring until she pays him. But when the plumber tries to drive away his truck is stuck in the mud. Joe and Floyd offer to help him by tying a rope to the Cannonball and pulling him out of the mud but Joe says it's going to cost him $11. The plumber gives the ring back. I started recharging my guitar battery before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment