Thirty years ago today
On Saturday morning my landlady Marjorie’s boyfriend Andrew drove me to the International Centre in Mississauga for the CompuFest Computer Show. I had asked for his help in finding my first computer since he worked at IBM. He guided me through picking what he thought was the best package. I got a PC tower, though I don’t remember the brand, but when I look through computer images and names from that year, Compaq Presario sounds and looks familiar. It came with Windows 95 and some game samples like Doom, Descent II, and Ice and Fire. It came with one of those big clunky monitors that also had speakers, a keyboard and a mouse. We brought it home and Andrew helped me set it up. A printer didn’t come with the package but I still needed one and I wanted to get online.
Later Nancy brought our daughter to my place to spend the weekend and True and I enjoyed playing the new games, especially Doom.

No comments:
Post a Comment