Saturday 17 October 2015

Essay Deadline Approaching


           
            
            Tracy, the volunteer coordinator at PARC, every few months checks in with me to see how the classes are going. I told her that attendance is very low, and though I’m glad to offer my services, I wouldn’t be heartbroken if she decided to cancel the Friday yoga classes. I’m almost disappointed that she didn’t. Anyway, it was no surprise that no one showed up for my class on Friday.
            After non-class I went up to Social Services to hand in my income report. Fortunately they don’t require a copy of a cheque stub anymore because I can’t access my payroll account to see my online stubs. The OCADU website won’t recognize my password. This is the third time I’ve had problems getting into the system since they brought the direct deposit system in back in January. I get the money all right but I just can’t get to my records.
            I spent most of the day working on writing down ideas for my essay. I’ve only written a little more than one more page in one day. To be fair, I did tweak some of the text that was already there and edited out other parts, but it has to be seven pages and I’ve got just over four. I feel a little worried about getting it done by Tuesday, but I keep reminding myself that last fall I sat down with a half a page of notes on the morning of the night my Science Fiction essay was due, wrote for eleven hours straight and ended up with an A-plus. I’ve got basically three days this time.
            I watched another Buster Keaton short silent film. This one was called “The Blacksmith”. The funniest scene was when a woman brings her horse in and says it needs new shoes. The skit that follows involves Keaton climbing a ladder to bring boxes of horseshoes down from shelves to show the horse. The boxes are shoeboxes that he opens up for her but she keeps shaking her head until he finds a horseshoe for her that fastens on with a stylish strap.

No comments:

Post a Comment