Friday 2 October 2015

Tinkerbell is a Borderline Pedophile with Homicidal Tendencies

           




            On Saturday I finished reading J.M. Barrie’s “Peter Pan”. What a bizarre and in many ways, surreal story! The hero is totally fucked up, and the little fairy, Tinkerbell, is a borderline pedophile with homicidal tendencies. Barrie was a very good writer though.

            In the evening I was getting ready to go for my bike ride, so I went out back to the deck to feel whether I’d need to wear trousers or not. Out of the corner of my eye I saw some kind of animal come bounding down the fire escape. I looked and saw that it was a squirrel with a green ball in its mouth. As it cleared the deck though I saw that it was stealing one of my upstairs neighbour David’s tomatoes.
            On my way up Brock Avenue another squirrel dashed out to cross the street, just in front of my wheel. I’d never seen a squirrel come that close to being run over by my bike. It is the season though when one sees more of the nutty rodents becoming roadkill as they take risks in their winter prep frenzy.
            The clouds were torn pieces of veils left over after a mad dance of removal. The veils remained suspended and the naked dancer elsewhere. I rode out to Bayview and Moore to explore the streets south and west of there. On my way back along St Clair, the moon wore a blue veil, but as I descended Yonge Street the naked and full moon was smiling.
            I watched “The Bell Boy”, starring Roscoe Arbuckle and co-starring Buster Keaton. The played a couple of hotel bellboys who don’t have their minds on their work. There’s not just one story but rather a collection of comedic situations. Keaton showed himself to be an incredible stunt man in a slapstick battle with some burglars.

No comments:

Post a Comment