Monday 19 October 2015

When You're Voting, Don't Worry! The Cat That Comes In Second Can't Do You Any Harm!


           

            I was part of a homeless Jewish family that lived in a van. There was an elderly father and I was among the adult children, of which there was at least one sister. We were being experimented on by Nazis, though it wasn’t forced upon us. They were giving us pharmaceutical drugs and testing our reactions to the side effects. We were allowing this to be done to us because we were double agents working for the Canadian government, who would also test us after the Nazis did so in order to figure out through our bodies what the Nazis were up to. It wasn’t always easy to tell which were the Nazis and which were our government though.
            I spent the whole of Sunday working on my essay. I wrote a thesis paragraph and started organizing my ideas according to the arguments of my thesis. It’s closer to being an essay now but it’s still pretty choppy.
            I watched Buster Keaton’s short silent film, “The Frozen North”. Buster lives near the last subway stop, which turns out to be in the Arctic Circle. He arrives home to see his wife in the arms of another man. He pulls out his gun and shoots them both, then realizes it wasn’t his house or his wife. The rest of the movie had a lot of the usual slapstick and climbing around with additional skits relating to snow and ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment