Friday 21 July 2017

Shooting Myself While Singing In French



            Though I had gone to bed early on Wednesday night I didn’t wake up early as sometimes happens. My body soaked up the extra sleep and would have stayed for more if 5:00 on Thursday hadn’t come around.
            I recorded my song practice again, this time the songs that I sing in French and this time standing back more. I continued strumming the guitar more lightly, which also helped it stay in tune. I had the camera on “record” but after half an hour the lens didn’t close like it usually does after that amount of time. I didn’t know if it had stopped recording and just stayed on or what. I started recording again just in case there had been a glitch. This time it recorded for half an hour and then shut off.
            It turned out that the camera had recorded everything up until a few minutes before I checked. It also made a file of 18 minutes of the second session. the audio file that I’d simultaneously recorded on my computer died though because I’d stupidly clicked the exit button at the moment when the system was trying to save it.
            The video was at both a good distance and height this time, though I should have been slightly to my right to balanced in the frame. I think that I made at least one mistake on every song but worse than my own errors was the sound of trucks going by on the street, which often almost drowned out my singing. I don’t know if it would make much difference to shut the windows but it’s too warm outside right now to find out.
            It rained quite hard in the early afternoon and there was an 80% chance of rain around the time I would normally take my bike ride, so I didn’t go, but it didn’t rain again, at least not around here.
            I got a lot of work done on my book cover, worked on a story and did some translations.
            I made soup with ingredients that I’d gotten from the food bank: frozen ground chicken, onions, potatoes, carrots and chicken broth. I had it for dinner and it was pretty tasty.
            That night I watched an episode of Maverick. Although this one featured Jack Kelly as Bart Maverick rather than James Garner as Bret, it was interesting because of the new character that was introduced. Richard Long played Gentleman Jack Darby, who was a thief but he only stole in order to put money into bigger schemes and always assured the person that he’d ripped off that the money he was taking from them was an investment and they would be paid back. Another character was played by that year’s winner of the Miss USA pageant winner, Arlene Howell. She had a very heavy and very real Louisiana accent. She said to Bart, “There are some things you should know about me. I’m from the south.” “No! Really?”
            

No comments:

Post a Comment