Wednesday 5 July 2017

What Do You Do With a Broken Camera?



            On Saturday I got an email from Jeremy, the guy who came a couple of weeks ago and bought the Minolta camera I was selling. He told me that the camera is broken and won’t fire at the higher apertures. That made me feel bad about selling cameras that I’ve never used. I told him that I’d gladly give him back his money but I wouldn’t be able to do it until the fall, when I won’t be so broke. He got back to me that it was okay and that he’d just wanted to let me know. He’s ordered another of the same model and will keep the one that I sold him for parts. That was a relief. I wrote that I hoped he’d never need the parts but that I’d feel better about the camera I sold him if he did.
            It was raining around the time I would have taken my bike ride so I stayed home to write instead.
            That night while drinking a beer and eating half a pizza with eggs I watched an episode of Maverick that was based on “The Wrecker” by Robert Louis Stevenson.

No comments:

Post a Comment