Thursday 6 July 2017

When You're On the Go and You've Got to Go




            On Monday I started learning the chords to Serge Gainsbourg’s “Baby Pop”. I like it so much that once I learn it I’ll bump another song from my repertoire to fit it in.
            In the late afternoon I went for a bike ride. I used the washroom just before leaving but I felt the need to pee again once I was on my way. I held it though and it didn’t get very uncomfortable until I got to Woodbine and O’Connor where there is a very long light. Across the bridge at St Clair and O’Connor the signal also took a long time to change. I finished exploring most of the streets south of Curity between O’Connor and the Don River. At moments on the way back the feeling that I was going to burst came in waves. It seemed easier to hold it in while riding than while standing at the light, though bumps didn’t help. I was looking for a bar because most of them don’t care if people use their washrooms since they’re in the business of making people urinate anyway.
            It was a nice and not overwhelmingly hot evening with some beautiful cloud formations being played with by the horizontal sunlight.
            For the last week or so the wifi network downstairs from my place has not been working. I’ve been depending instead on the two weaker networks from the café across the street, which work pretty well after closing time but connection is sporadic when it’s open with customers competing for the signal. The donut shop below me has been using something called Go Zone for their open network. Suddenly though I noticed on Monday that there’s a secure network called “1402 Queen West” which is the Coffee Time’s address but I couldn’t even get to the point of being asked for a password. Then that evening another open network suddenly appeared called “Coffeetime” and I was able to connect.
            I watched an episode of Maverick that was a fairly complex murder mystery with a lot of suspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment