Tuesday 17 January 2017

Christopher Lloyd



            It was called “weapon eleven” and the trigger was simply to speak to the programmed and highly trained agent and pronounce the number “eleven”. This would put the human weapon under the speaker’s control and then what followed were detailed instructions of the mission, which the agent would complete by any means necessary.  He was always successful and the means were not always violent, though they could be brutally so. I don’t know why I dreamed about it though.
I had to do laundry on Monday, and on my way out the door I finally met my neighbour in apartment 2 across the hall from the west side of my apartment. For some reason I had always envisioned her as being middle aged and frumpish, but she’s actually much younger than I thought and kind of cute. I introduced myself to her and she told me her name was “Nicky”. I think she’s the first woman that has lived in this building since my daughter Astrid moved out five years ago.
            I noticed while locking my bike that they are about to open an A&W at the corner of Queen and Macdonell. That seems like an odd location for a major fast food chain. Nothing has ever lasted at that corner for decades and it’s one of the most run down and druggy parts of Parkdale. Then again, a few doors east on the same block there is always a line-up at the Tim Hortons. Maybe the Tibetans will really go as well for root beer and Papa Burgers.
            I grilled chicken drumsticks, boiled a small potato and had it with gravy. I watched a couple of episodes of the Big Bang Theory. Christopher Lloyd guest starred as a homeless guy that Sheldon rented his room to out of spite after he moved out and after they had an argument with Leonard over the division of property. I didn’t even know Christopher Lloyd was still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment