Saturday 23 September 2017

Frankentecture



            I spent quite a bit of time on Friday digitizing my lecture notes. Since I finished and it was a warm day I figured I’d better take a bike ride. As usual for a weekday there was lots of eastbound cycle traffic at that hour until I got out ahead on the Danforth.
            


            I rode up Victoria Park, over a hairy strip of squirrel jerky, to Dawes Rd, east to Pitt, south to St Bede’s Rd, back north again and turned right on Bolster. At the corner of Maybourne I discovered a wild house. It looked like a Frankenstein’s monster of architectural cultures, from Greco-Roman, to Gothic to Indian with an onion dome added on like the Taj Mahal. The dome was kind of sloppily made and the house seemed a bit run down but it looked freshly painted all white. The light was nearly perfect to take some pictures of the place but found that unfortunately my camera batteries needed a charge. I’d have to come back another day after recharging them.
            


            The sunlight was right in my eyes on the way home along Danforth. I went south on Yonge and for the first time in months I took it all the way to Queen. Queen Street is a much more scenic ride than College and because it doesn’t have a bike lane there are fewer annoying cyclists to pass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment