Sunday 3 September 2017

Linda Dangcil



            On Friday I spent a lot of time working on my Shab-e She’r review, and since I really wanted to finish it before the end of the day I skipped taking a bike ride. I finally got it done before dinner but I still needed to edit my text, and then find a title and an image to go along with it.
            I was just about to have dinner when my landlord, Raja came for the rent. I already had it in an envelope. He remembered that he hadn’t given me a receipt for last month and so he wrote me two this time.
He was checking to make sure that he had keys to all of the apartments and found that he didn’t have one for mine, so he gave me five dollars to get one made and said I could keep the change.
Raja has grown a beard.
I watched an episode of Maverick in which Bret went down to Guatemala City where a local fifteen-year-old street urchin and thief attached herself to him. She played the role of mother for several other homeless kids. She and Maverick became close, despite his reluctance and then when he was getting ready to go back to the States she asked if he would take her with him. He arranged with the local authorities to adopt her but at the last minute, when all the younger kids came to say goodbye she couldn’t bring herself to leave them.
She was played by Linda Dangcil, who ten years later was a regular on The Flying Nun.

No comments:

Post a Comment