Monday 18 September 2017

Hunted in the Dark



            I was being hunted in the dark but I was also hunting the hunter with my shotgun. I caught sight of the hunter’s shadow and aimed my gun, but I woke up frightened as if there was still danger to my awake self. When the fear subsided I had an erection that wouldn’t go away for a long time.
I spent a lot of Sunday reading Kate Chopin’s novel, “The Awakening”. It felt like a boring day until I looked back on it and saw it as having been quite relaxing. The guy I thought Edna was going to become lovers with went away to Mexico. After that she stopped performing her wifely and motherly duties and decided to become an artist. Maybe the awakening is just her going against the grain of the Victorian era deep south of North America to find herself.  I was about halfway through when I took a bike ride. I was all caught up on my journal and I was ahead in my reading, so I took advantage of a nice day. It was a soft and warm afternoon. On Bloor Street after Ossington I passed two couples riding in a pedal cart. They were blasting music and having a laughing good time despite or because of the fact that they could have easily have walked faster than they were driving.
            On the Bloor Viaduct I came up behind another cyclist that was a little too far to the left for my to pass. I called out to him and he moved to the right, then put his left hand up to wave me by. I called out “Thanks” and his gesture changed to a thumbs up sign.
There were more cyclists than usual for a Sunday on the Bloor Viaduct and the Danforth, but none of them were particularly competitive. I rode up Victoria Park to Conroy and across to Pharmacy. It seems to be mostly a working class area with a lot of little single story cottage style houses.
            On the way home I passed Fixit Females, which is an all female home renovation crew. Another place has the interesting name, “Electric Perfume”. It seems to be a kind of community space for tech artists. There’s also a tattoo studio called “Inkuisition”.
            I was surprised when I watched an episode of the 4th season of Maverick to see James Garner co-starring, since he left after the third season. It turned out that the episode was shot during the third season. Bret and Bart inherit a stagecoach line that is regularly robbed by a bumbling but loveable highwayman played by Buddy Ebsen, the future Jed Clampett of the Beverly Hillbillies. A landowner wants to buy their stageline and they want to sell it but the lawyer says their uncle’s will says they can’t sell it. The landowner hires a bumbling hitman named Shotgun to blow up their stage. Meanwhile they hire shotgun to drive them to her ranch because they find a loophole in the will that allows them to sell to her. The lawyer though finds a loophole that allows him to get the stageline if the Mavericks die so he hires shotgun to kill them. Shotgun figures he can do all three jobs at once but it doesn’t work out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment