Saturday 2 September 2017

Soft Light of Summer Afternoons



            On Thursday in the early afternoon I went out to pay for my phone service, then I went into Bike Pirates to give a small donation. No one was behind the desk so I just dropped it in the box and left.
            I spent a lot of time working on my review of Shab-e She’r and in the late afternoon I took my bike ride. It was sunny but cooler than it has been. I had a long sleeved shirt in my backpack and I would have needed it if I’d been walking, but riding hard kept me warm. I was sweating by the time I got to Broadview and Danforth.
            I rode to Victoria Park with the intention of exploring any alleys that might be behind Danforth east of there, but there was only one running off Victoria Park and another a block east of Pharmacy.
            It feels too late in the summer to start getting used to a new route and riding out to Kipling and Eglinton and then north and east of there, so I think I’ll just explore the area immediately east of Victoria Park until school starts.
            It was even cooler on the way home. It’ll be almost time soon to start wearing pants again and my leather jacket.
            This time of year as the sun gets more horizontal the atmosphere feels very soft by the time I’m on the return trip and it’s like riding my bike through an impressionist painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment