Wednesday 6 September 2017

Karma is for Losers



            Karma is for losers. Someone for whom things were going right would not have invented the concept of karma. We only look for explanations when we aren’t getting what we think we deserve. The most relaxing thing to conclude is that it’s out of our hands because someone we used to be was an asshole. It’s a very head-gamey way of dealing with reality. There is no evidence that there is any such thing as a law of karma. If it existed it would be possible to find evidence other than associating random results with previous actions. For karma to exist without traceable evidence it would necessitate that there are past lives, and there is little evidence of reincarnation either.
I spent two sessions on Tuesday trying to merge two parts of a video from which I’d deleted a mistake. In the first session I got the parts closer together but when I came back to it later, though I got it close, for some reason the audio and video went out of sync, so I didn’t save what I’d done.
            I dreamed during my siesta that I was seeing some young men try to ritualistically kill another young man. The victim was on the ground with another on top of him and strangling him. I watched for a while before it suddenly dawned on me that I could try to stop the murder. I had been lying down on my left side and watching, in the same position that I sleep. I got up and went over to try to kick the strangler in the head, but I missed and noticed that I was in my bare feet. That’s when I woke up.
            It rained in the afternoon and though it was sunny later on I decided not to take a bike ride because there were lots of puddles and more chance of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment