Thursday 9 November 2017

Changing the Clock


         

            On Monday morning I lurched out of bed at the sound of the alarm. I washed, got dressed and was beginning the first backward bend of the sun salutation when I suddenly remembered that I’d forgotten again to turn my flying saucer clock back so the alarm wouldn’t go off at 4:00. I reset the clock and went back to bed to sleep for another hour. The problem was though that I’d fully dislodged myself from sleep, even though I’d only gotten three and a half hours of slumber. It was actually physically uncomfortable to just lie there but I made use of the time by thinking about how I was going to put the finishing touches on my Shab-e She’r review.
            After yoga, when I’d started song practice I noticed that film trucks were parking on Dunn Avenue and a crew was gathering with their equipment beside the Capital Espresso. I saw one of the city cops they’d hired to direct traffic, getting out of her car, which she’d parked illegally in the Dollarama parking lot. I guess cops don’t get to drive police cars to work when the job is on a film set even though they are in uniform.
            The handle on the stem on the plunger for my french press broke, but I have a few plungers from previous french presses, so I changed the stem. I also discovered that another plunger had an extra filter so I added that to the old one.
            I spent most of the day typing out my lecture notes on T. S. Eliot’s “The Wasteland”.

No comments:

Post a Comment