Tuesday 14 November 2017

Old Steam Radiators



            When I got up on Monday, although the furnace was no longer generating its previous sonic lament, it made up for it by being even hotter than usual. I usually wear socks during song practice but I had to go barefoot this time to keep cooler. Later when I took a shower the water was cold. Maybe my building is going through menopause. Those old steam radiators are actually quite beautiful but they sure are hard to control.
            I got down for a siesta at around 16:00 but when I woke up an hour and a half later and it was after dark I thought that I’d just woken to pee in the wee hours of the morning.
             I remembered to practice playing “Dead Autumn Leaves” an extra time that day. Playing a song only once so far away from my regular practice without a warm-up doesn’t feel like it accomplishes much. The song usually fumbles in some way.
            I continued to re-read and condense the Monologian and the Proslogian by Anselm of Canterbury. I’ve got the works down to 2 and 7 pages respectively. Once I’ve got them down to their basic points I’ll start writing my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment